20.9.14

Sarah's Key


Probably the most heart-wrenching novel I have picked up this year. I would like to think of it as fate. The book Sarah's Key was not recommended to me, neither did I read any reviews on it. It was a case of random browsing through the shelves of Kinokuniya. I really have to emphasis that I have never heard of or read about it.
2 sleepless nights later, I was caught sobbing and fe;t my heart being wrapped around like a stress ball. The content was navigated through the 1942 Velodrome D'hiver roundup and a journalist compiling relations and informations about it in contemporary 2002. It was based in Paris (of course it was...) & it makes me grin a little when I actually know the street adresses that they wrote about. 

This book came to me at a very good timing. I have to really ask everyone of you to pick up a copy. And if reading isn't your thing -- here's a trailer of the novel's adaptation.
________


Yes! I placed the book down on my table, wanting more... You've absolutely no clue how much joy was in my eyes when I made the discovery that there is a film.....! 
#itsnotoveryet

Sincerely,
Judi