8.9.14

Sunrise




The sunrise is always gonna be more beautiful than the sunset. It always signals a new beginning, and that’s the most precious thing anyone could ever ask for. A fresh start is something every human on this planet would kill for when the opportunity strikes. Question is - how would you know when it is really a clean white sheet of paper, or could it be just a new environment with the same shit? 

As my move to Paris starts to draw closer, my heart reacts differently from excitement. The thought of it being semi-permanent scares me. The commitment level in just a singular city has gone from 'love' to 'live'. People ask me about my migration, and I would react defensively explaining it isn't a migration. I am just testing out a different city for a slightly longer period than usual. But at the back of my head, I question myself - Am I really? 

Don't get me wrong - my love for that city is stronger than Chuck Norris and a mountain combined. The gentle waves of La Seine, the glistering lights from Tour Eiffel after 7pm, soothing cafe's jazz music, fresh hot piping baguette from every boulangerie at every corner... I have just gotta keep thoughts like these in head. 
Get excited . Stay calm . Speak French . Be in Love

Sincerely,
Judi Lee